27 October 2010

The Return of the Space Cowboy

I've been chomping at the bit to reenter the blogging world for well over a year. Having set aside the old blog following a health scare a couple of summers back, I have come to realize (rather slowly) that the pleasure writing provided me (an endorphin rush of sorts) has been sorely lacking.  The occasional "note" on Facebook and the weekly music posts at the old blog didn't cut it, and so with Edge of the Universe I return full tilt.

The goal at the outset is to build EOTU as a blogazine:  Personal posts, news and opinion, feature pieces from other sites around the web, and some light-hearted fare for those brain breaks we all need every now and then.

I am not a professional writer, nor am I a professional journalist.  I simply enjoy writing.  Whether ten of you read the blog or a hundred isn't my number one concern.  I'm not out to break Blogger stat records, but rather bring myself a bit of the absolute joy that writing has always provided.

And so, let's get this thing rolling.



[Side note:  The photo in the banner was taken a few years ago by my man of almost 11 years.  Thank you, Brent!]